Monday, January 27, 2014

Desiring Inward Beauty

Breaking Free. A Journey to Being Truly Satisfied
Day 7

Bible passage 1Peter 3:3-5 Psalm 103:1-5

I am beautiful.  I may not always feel that way, but according to God’s promise that He dwells in me, loves me and has made me new, I can honestly look in the mirror and see beauty.  I have to stop thinking that my beauty is a measure of how thin I am or the jeans I may or may not get back into.  My beauty is not defined by how much attention I get from my husband or his level of desire for me.  From having children, my hips and waist will never be the same and I need to be ok with that.  And enough comparing already; if I spend my whole life comparing my beauty against others I will fail to see both mine and theirs.   

My prayer

Father in Heaven you created me in your likeness.  You carefully put me together and gave my life purpose.  Like in the beginning of creation you looked and saw that it was good.  Then I looked and became dissatisfied.  I saw and was not pleased or even able to see what you see.  Forgive me for not looking deeper and for not caring near as much about my inward condition and I did my external appearance.  I set out to please my own eyes and to attract attention from others rather than make myself presentable to you.  Open my eyes!  Set me free from this trap of superficial beauty so that I may desire to be the kind of women Peter describes in the passage today, a women of beauty on the inside with a gentle spirit.  Amen
My journal companion while working through the Made to Crave 21 day challenge and the book Made to Crave.

No comments:

Post a Comment