Friday, August 17, 2012

Old Journal Entry Part 2

"And without faith it is impossible to please God,
because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists
 and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."  Hebrews 11:6

June 5, 2008

We can't come to God in prayer, praise or frustration; any of those things unless we believe that He is indeed real.  I think of my coworkers who I have heard or have written "I will pray for you" or "God bless you".  Do they believe in the existence of God, the one true God?  And if they believe in Him do they have a relationship with God?  Are they open to the idea of building a relationship, do they want their children to know Him?  How can God use me to share my faith with them?  I have already told my boss that I am willing to do this at risk to my job.  I am not able to separate my faith from who I am because it defines who I am, we are one.  No job is worth that. 

I do not feel that I do a very good job at earnestly seeking God.  The word earnest makes me think of doing something as if my life depended on it.  Do I act like my life depends on seeking God's face and his word?

To often I call out to God only when it is convenient or I am so worried I don't know what else to do.  That alone is not wrong, but I see all the missed opportunities I have had when I simply fill the time with something else.

This plague of worry that surrounds me sometimes, I am sure would be kept at bay or even destroyed if I were earnestly seeking God's face.

Seeking God is like breathing in fresh air or taking a medicine that heals pain.  He is the healer.  My life will still have trouble, the bible is clear on that, but it's a whole lot harder to see when my eyes are no longer focused on them, but on the one who made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment