Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why now, why her?

At a time like this when many have heard me sigh with exhaustion; why would we even be considering adopting? We already have three beautiful boys, with the youngest not even walking. We live in a modest size house, on one income AND I'm busy homeschooling! Sound Crazy?

These very reasons for opposition I believe are what God is using to make it possible. For nothing is impossible with God! We have a loving and caring home, small in size yet built on the most solid of foundations: Jesus Christ. My husband has a job, to the glory of God, when so many in these times go with out employment. My sometimes crazy and chaotic life because of three young boys are the very same boys who are the best of friends and the tightest of brothers. And I am blessed to be home with them as they grow in faith and knowledge. What better place is there to bring a child home to, that has no other home to call her own or parents, or brothers?

So why her? At this moment the little girl who has captured my heart to the very core I cannot even claim. Until much more paperwork is done we cannot be matched with her. More waiting. Again we trust in God's divine plan. She is a "waiting child" with moderate special needs, namely her age. She has a bright smile and dark eyes and in September of 2011 she turned 5. I long to bring her home. From the very moment I saw her, I wanted to be her mom! I had been pouring over the faces of children on Reeces Rainbow hoping that God would speak and make one stand out to me. There are just so many children that need homes and being a mother is ALL I have ever wanted to do or aspire to be and so I hurt for those without a mother or a father.

Though I believe God has planned a beautiful future for her it does not end with her simply being adopted into a family with a mom and a dad and three crazy brothers. He has in mind A GREATER LOVE, a love only he can give, a love freely given to HIS heirs!

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 
 And that is what we are!
This is how he showed his love among us: 
He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
  This is love; 
 not that we loved God,
 but that he loved us and sent his Son as an antoining sacrifice for our sins.
1John 3:1, 4:9-10 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful - Thanks for sharing Ruth! When do we get to "meet" her? I have a guess as to who she is! : )
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting to hear back from the agency to see if she is even still available. Some guessing would be a lot of fun. As soon as I am given word I would love to introduce her!

    ReplyDelete