Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Waiting

On the days that I need a little extra courage or just that reminder of hope I turn to Psalms and once again I am reassured, "I am still confident of this:  I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Ps. 27:13-14

It has not been a particularly hard day I just feel ansy, eager to get moving, to do something, anything to speed the process along.  To finally hear the answer to a couple of prayers Chris and I have laid before the Lord and yet what we hear is wait.  In the quiet I hear God saying, wait, be still, be patient and there it is again that word.....wait........Lord how long must we wait for you to reveal your plan?  How long must we wait to see your goodness?  How long must we wait to see our child so far away?  If you have been on the road of adoption you have probably asked those same questions many times. 

I simply must close my eyes and cry out to God for the strength to do the very thing my heart does not want to do, wait.

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:
 that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
Ps. 27:4

2 comments:

  1. Waiting is the hardest part! But it is rewarded not only with the "desire of your heart" but with a closer relationship to the Creator of your heart! Blessings on your journey and peace in the waiting room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be your first follower, Ruth. Keep your eyes on the finish, friend.

    http://chaospatrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete