Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Heart of a Child

Always before bed we sing and we pray and usually the boys decide that is the best time to chit chat with the Momma.  So in my conversation with Ty tonight and my request to pray about our adoption, he said that he wanted to set up a lemonade stand at our "waiting for warmer weather" yard sale.  He also said that he had a few things he didn't need that could be sold as well to help us raise money!  My heart is moved by the love that my 7 year old has for a child he has not even met, a child literally on the other side of the globe.  He is confident that if we do these simple things it WILL be enough.  Isn't that really what God expects of us adults too?  Doesn't He long for us to simply give our hearts to him and trust that He will provide? 

The writer of Hebrews says this in chapter 11 on Faith "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.  By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."  Hebrews 11:1,8. 

Now how many of us are willing to submit, to faithfully follow into the unknown?  I pray that in this faithfully following; God soften my heart and help me to except that I need not know every detail, every outcome, every answer.  This is uncharted territory for me!  I'm on a need to know basis.  Ask my dad!  Growing up he called me Ruth Knows All, Tells All.  I'm not sure so much has changed for me in that department, but I'm certain it must change on this journey.

Buckle your seat belts!  Secure all loose items!  The ride is about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment