Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Snow: An Unusual Answer to Prayer

It has been a particularly hard week around here in the Robbins house.  Nothing tragic, nothing earth shattering, just trying.  Do you ever feel like no matter how hard you try or how much you do it is just not enough?  Are you barely keeping your head above water in the sea of responsibility?  One night as I was tucking Ty into bed, tears streaming down his face, Seth screaming and Levi whining; I’m trying to explain why I’ve been so busy.  The dishes need to be washed.  The laundry must be cleaned, even if it isn’t put away which around here is not happening all that often.  Meals must be prepared, bills paid AND Daddy has to go to work.  Sorry Kid it’s the sad truth.  You know what he says to me?  “But mom when you’re doing all those things you’re not spending time with me.”  Ouch! Do you ever get so caught up in God’s work that you eventually realize you’re not really spending anytime with Him? 
That night after prayers I promised Ty to be more intentional about the time I spent with him.  With a big sigh and a heavy heart I closed the door and wondered how on earth I was going to be able to manage all this AND have time to just play?  A game or two of tick-tack-toe and a few inches of snow later God provided the answer.  A snow day!  Even though today was a federal holiday I had planned to do school since with the adoption there are so MANY days that we have to either skip or augment.  Winter is almost over.  This very well may be our one and only snow this year.  This is snow that the boys have been seriously praying for since Christmas, lets enjoy it! 
Levi, Seth and Ty

Charlie

Dragging Seth and Levi around and around the yard today in the sled I felt very much like a carnival pony taking little children around the same tiny loop, but it was all worth it!  Tonight at bedtime there were no tears and no regrets and my heart was just a little less heavy.  There are still dishes in my sink, but what else is new?

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just wanted to thank you for the sock monkey AND sweet comment on my blog! Thanks for making me smile. I need to send you the gift card so I need your address? Could you email me at laurenjo26 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll have my friend get it right out to you!!! Thanks so much, dear friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, by the way, your boys are ADORABLE!! And congrats on your adoption journey as well!!

    ReplyDelete