Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Steps: To Act


This last week Seth took his first step!  With wobbly legs eyes fixed on the prize, he dared to move from his secure position into the arms of his daddy.  Now is that not just a picture of us as God's children?  We stand secure in our current position aka comfort zone, eyes locked on our heavenly Father, but darned if those legs aren't shaking!  In Micah 6:8 it says

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord
require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God."

As we take these steps to act, to love and to walk we are not just tackling a spiritual to-do list.  It is a plan that God has laid out to bring salvation to ALL people that includes you and me.  We are his hands and feet in the world.  I praise God that we do not have to stumble around in the dark for

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
Psalm 119:105

Each day I can see with every step I take, he is setting a course, a journey that takes us around the world and back, one that will change our lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment