Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A little bit closer...

The streets are busy with activity and the air is filled with the sound of cars and motor scooters.  I can even hear faint cries of a baby.  I wonder if it is a baby that lives here in the Jonah House orphanage?  Quickly the cries are stilled and I wonder about my son's life here, the people who have cared for him for 8 years.  I wonder how many times he woke up crying and was held.  I wonder how he will feel leaving this place.  He is part of a family here, not in the traditional sense, but cared for by a staff that loves him, this is the only family he has known.

As we came in the door to our apartment I saw his cars on the table.  He had been here.  The staff had shown him around and he was excited to see a tv that he hoped to watch and not have to share.  If our son adjusts to us well he will come and stay here too and then we will move to our hotel in the city after a few days.   

I just want to say thank you to all the freinds and family and blog readers who have been praying for us!  Leaving my children at home was such a huge challenge, even though I knew how well cared for they would be, it left an ache in my heart to say good-bye.  Each day we skype and I see their faces smiling bright and I know that God has changed my sadness to joy!  He brought peace in place of anxiety!

"You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." 
Psalm 30: 11-12
 
Today I will meet my son.
Today I will hold him in my arms.
Today I rejoice in God my Savior.
Today is a day I will never forget!
Today is a gift.
 



2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your family! I can't even imagine the emotions you have. Hopefully in the near future I will be in the same position as you coming into Cathwell waiting to see and hold our son for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your little boy is super cute! I pray you find out soon how court went. It was a very emotion experience today leaving with our son. A day I will never forget.

      Delete