Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rain or Shine

Whether rain or shine let it be to the glory of God!  This is what I kept repeating to myself yesterday, not because that is what I was feeling, but because that is what I wanted to believe.  Sometimes even when you know the truth you don't feel it.

Today, however I am overwhelmed by God's mercies for truely they are new every morning!  Yesterday I was worried we would get approved for another child.  I was worried about the amount of help we would have at the yard sale, the weather and if anything would even sell.  You name it, I worried about it!  I have the Word of God planted in my heart, but it needed rain to grow and today it came. 

Last night Ty prayed that it would rain today instead of Saturday.  The prayers of a child are innocent and sweet, simple and to the point.  And today God said YES!  Indeed his plans are good!  I still do not know exactly how Saturday will go or how I will manage to care for another child in the midst of an already crazy life, but thankfully God is soveriegn and his plans for us are good.

I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment