Thursday, December 6, 2012

Not Just a Dream

Somebody pinch me!  Am I dreaming?  Did I really just book tickets with a travel agent?  Yes I did!  After the holidays in January we will be starting off on that long flight to Taiwan to pick up our son!  There were days I doubted it would actually happen.  You may think I am silly, but when one of your children is half way around the world or even in your own living room and things are not finalized legally peace is hard to come by.  An email or a phone call could change everything you know for better or worse.  For parents out there who have done domestic adoptions, you know exactly what I am talking about or from countries who do not have a clear timeline or who change the laws before your process is complete.  It is a road filled with many uncertainties.  It has given us the chance to "test" our faith and put into action not walking by sight.

For this child, I have prayed so hard!  I have cried and rejoiced.  And soon I will hold him.

The Sights and Sounds of the City


Both craziness and beauty await us, not only in the city of Taipei, but in the joining of two cultures as we unite our family come January!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and your family! I can't wait until the day I can book our airline tickets also! Our dossier was submitted in September and we are having our first skype appointment on Dec. 19th. Good luck with your travels! Post lots of pictures I am so excited to see everything work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Skype visits make it all so real! Praying for a smooth process for your family.

      Delete