Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Delay

Today I am working on accepting that our travel times are out of my control.  At this moment it is looking like we will not be able to travel until January.  It is with a heavy heart that I must give thanks and rejoice in all circumstances and give glory to God for his sovereignty.  Giving thanks and praising God cannot only happen at times when we feel happy, but in those times of faith testing as well.

Our son has had much anxiety about coming home, and though he is excited to have a family he has much trepidation over leaving the only home he has ever known.  Cathwel has put him in counseling to prepare for coming home, to help him work through what might me a difficult transition for him.  Please pray that God use this time and counseling for healing and preparation for our son.

For me the waiting is not actually the hardest part, the not knowing is, the fear of possible December travel turning into possible January travel, turning into possible February travel and so on.  It is a fear that I ask you to cover in prayer.  My dad told me this morning that voicing that fear aloud gives it less power.  Let it be so!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment